Monday, December 15, 2008

Random Thought from Dentist Visit

So I had a dentist appt at 8am today and I'm talking to the dentist while my mouth awaits the affect of the needles I got so I could get my root canal, which was a story in itself. But this isn't about my teeth at all, more so this is about the conversation we had. So he asks me what I do that I have such good insurance and can set up appointments seemingly whenever. I told him that I manage in retail at a couple stores and also work from home, so I kind of make my own schedule; as far as the insurance, I can only say that was a blessing to run into such a provider. So he continues to inquire more and I told him that I work at Swarovski and Oneida and most people don't really know what they are so I pretty much always explain them by saying, "Swarovski is a crystal store and Ondeia is a fine dinnerware store with like fine china and $25 forks." People most times responds with, "people actually buy that," or something of that nature. So he responds with, well how's it going with the economy the way it is, are people really shopping. I simply say, people are still shopping, just not in the abundance they are probably use to. He says yea this Christmas is going to be different and I reply with well it should be, maybe people will get back to the understanding and appreciating the REAL reason and meaning for Christmas. We both concur on the thought and it stayed on my mind although we went onto other topics.

Think about it, Christmas has turned into this BIG EVENT WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY off the target. This is suppose to be the celebration of our savior's birthday. To be honest, we should celebrate Christmas the way we celebrate new years, but without all the excessive drinking. But it should be one huge party counting down to his birthday and just being a ridiculous celebration of His Birthday. Instead we have people killing a walmart employee by busting down a door and trampling them to take advantage of black Friday sales. You have the ridiculous scuffles between parents fighting over this holidays most popular gift that the child might not even want or wont even play with longer than the day it opens it. Children are working hard in school simply to get a nice gift and even worst there are the ones who aren't good and still get a gift just because it's Christmas. You also have depressed adults due to the fact that they lost their steady, safe, reliable income and now their Christmas isn't going to be the same. Although they still might be healthy physically, and have their family, they don't have the money to get "gifts" so they feel like their Christmas is going to be upsetting.

Here's what I think of Christmas and will do my best to teach my kids (Lord willing) so that they understand. It's the celebration of the birth of our savior. So it's really just a big birthday party. The reason we give or receive gifts is because we are all children of god. He is in all of us so it's like it's all our birthday, which is why everyone is deserving of a gift on Christmas. The thing is, a gift isn't necessarily a toy, tv, video game, clothing, jewelry, car or anything else money can buy. A gift is a blessing or action that provides a loving feeling that money can't buy. That's what everyone deserves on Christmas. They deserve a loving feeling that money can't buy, which is why family getting together is such a big thing. Grandmothers receiving gifts via mail from the grandkids will never be better than those same kids simply being there with her empty handed. That feeling of love is the annually seeked gift of Christmas and the best thing about it is that it doesn't cost a thing (well maybe some gas or airfare). But nonetheless, even a phone call can provide that feeling because in a lot of cases when that one special phone call don't come, it can disappoint a Christmas no matter how many material gifts you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop Struggling!!!

Attraction Marketing System