Monday, December 1, 2008

Bump on the head comclusion...

So I have a basketball game today at the Y league and I wasn't thinking about it for the most part until about 2 or 3. Anyways, this weekend I went to support my man Dre at an arena football league tryout. Being there led me to some interesting conclusions. For one, I really am a better athlete than I give myself credit for. Dre really does throw harder than most NFL quarterbacks. I could really be one of the best athletes on the east coast. Outside of that, I saw a number of people I knew that wondered why I wasn't trying out, and the answer simply was, "I'm not a football player anymore, I love my body too much." Most people understood that. Then, on the other spectrum there were people who I've played against in many basketball leagues who asked what I was doing there, and I responded with, "I'm a football player, this is what we do, I'm not really a basketball player, I just do that for fun and to stay in shape." Obviously we have a problem here. If I'm not a basketball player by natural talent but not a football player by choice, what am I? Then ironically I realized that my favorite player in all sports is MJ and his first love was football and baseball, but he ended up the most recognized if not best basketball player ever. Sometimes, its really not about what you want. Once again, these messages are settling in and really setting my course for me. What does all of this mean? I'm not a football player, basketball player, or any specific player, I'm a person blessed with great athletic abilities and need to use them because God gave them to me for a reason. I just pray I don't make anymore bad decisions. This game tonight should be interesting. Paul the knowingly "gifted" athlete will be playing tonight. Should be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop Struggling!!!

Attraction Marketing System