Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Maybe It's Just Me - "Stand Out"

This is going to correlate directly with my theme song (if you don't know what that is simply scroll down). I don't know if it's just me getting to old for my age or what but I don't fully understand or should I say go along with certain things as it seems most people do. Now is it just me or do most people say they are original now and days and that they aren't followers and so on and so on. Well if that's the case, what's up with everyone wearing scarves, INDOORS, as a fashion accessory. Now once again, maybe it's just me. I understand trends come and go, but at the end of the day, I was never one to really follow a trend because as I said they eventually go. Granted if i really liked a trend and it was something I could see myself always doing it even when people stopped, then yes, I went along with it. I used to wear scarves when it was cold outside, OUTSIDE, now I don't even want to wear one (yea sounds stupid) because I don't want to look like I'm following a trend because that is so not my thing. Anyways, maybe it's just me, but this whole rocking scarves INDOORS on top of Sunglasses when you not a celebrity with a buncha cameras in ya face just aint groovin with me.

Another thing is the slang that comes and goes. Now granted we all fall victim of adapting to it most times because its simple sometimes its to keep stuff somewhat of a secret and other times it may have started out as a joke and just stuck and other times it just really works and you couldn't imagine what took its place before it came about. A good example of a slang word or phrase that needs to be in the dictionary is "jawn/jaun" (however you spell it). It is one of the best slang words developed in philly. I didn't realize how much of a philly thing it was until I got to college, where I found myself actually explaining on multiple occasions the proper usage and definition of the word. It simply takes the place of a noun/pronoun. It's great. Now on the other end of the spectrum there's this whole "in my bag" movement. Like seriously, I understand what it means, and where it's going but at the same time, where the did that come from and why? I'm just not a fan of it, just say "I'm fly," "doing it," "showing off," or one of those originals. Like I said in the beginning, either I'm getting to old for my age be just going with the flow or I'm just more in tune with that them song than I thought. Stand out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop Struggling!!!

Attraction Marketing System