Monday, November 24, 2008

Random Though #5 "Is This What Philly Is?"

So I was checking my Sixers the other night. They won the game. Was up 20 and still almost lost but hey what can you do, a win is a win. Anyways, none of that really is blog-worthy of course unless I was to throw in the Eagles somewhere in there, but naw, not gonna go there either. What I noticed that got me the thinking was the T-Shirt look on the bench. Now of course, I coulda just let it be, hey they got T-shirts on and left it at that, but that wouldn't be "Paul-like." I always try to look at the meaning or possibly bigger picture to something. Now yes, there are many teams that have mesh-like t-shirt warm ups that they wear as warm ups. The whole purpose of the warm up is to, duh, keep you warm so your muscles stay relaxed and what not. T-shirts dont do that. My other thought, which was the original thing that rubbed me the wrong way was the thought that the marketer or p.r. personal or whatever exec that came up with this idea probably thought it would be cool to rock "T-Shirts" because maybe they feel as though it represents Philly. REALLY? Is that what Philly is? T-shirts? Anyways, I even went a bit more into to refer to the commercial where the chick is proposing a plan to her boss to go green, and he wasn't trying to hear it until he saw how much money they were going to save. What I'm gettin at is hey, times are hard and maybe they just pitched this to the players so they could save money on material. Either way, I'm not really a fan of the T-Shirt look on the bench of a professional basketball team. They really look like my high school team out there when I played, and I find that to be ridiculous. If you're professional, act, dress and perform like it. The least of those and easiest to do is dress. But hey that's why it's a random thought and my opinion, what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop Struggling!!!

Attraction Marketing System